From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Changes to the Kile ebuild
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 03:03:26
On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:35:52 +0200
Redcap <maillinglistredcap@×××.de> wrote:

> Hi there, > > I noticed recently that app-text/acroread has been added > as a runtime dependency to Kile. To be honest, I am not > familiar with the intricacies fo writing Ebuilds, but I can't > see a good reason why Kile should depend on acroread, when > okular or some other PDF-viewer is available. Perhaps someone > can shed some light on this. > > Cheers, > > recap >
The dependency in RDEPEND for kile-2.1.2-r1.ebuild reads: 30 RDEPEND="${DEPEND} 31 $(add_kdebase_dep kdebase-data) 32 || ( 33 $(add_kdebase_dep okular 'pdf?,postscript') 34 app-text/acroread 35 ) The || (...) means that Kile depends on either acroread, or okular with USE=postscript and also USE=pdf if USE=pdf is set on kile. Check your USE flags on Okular if Portage is wanting to bring in acroread instead. Cheers, Bryan

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] Changes to the Kile ebuild Redcap <maillinglistredcap@×××.de>