From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset: gtk-engines-qt build failure
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 18:20:47
1 V. Ram wrote:
2 > I was able to get past this issue by using the attached patch that I
3 > created (hopefully it stays attached during distribution to the list).
4 > I'm running ~ Firefox 7 with this and the engine works.
5 >
6 > For anyone else that might struggle with the issue (until such time that
7 > this patch or similar get applied to the official kde-sunset repo), you
8 > can do the following:
9 >
10 > 1. In your kde-sunset repo copy (by default these days it would be in
11 > /var/lib/layman/kde-sunset), go to the x11-themes/gtk-engines-qt
12 > directory.
13 >
14 > 2. Copy the current .ebuild file to a new .ebuild, changing the r<X> to
15 > your own version number, higher than the official version, e.g. r99.
16 > Complete example:
17 > /var/lib/layman/kde-sunset/x11-themes/gtk-engines-qt $ cp
18 > gtk-engines-qt-0.8-r4.ebuild gtk-engines-qt-0.8-r99.ebuild
19 >
20 > 3. Put the attached patch into the files subdirectory. You can rename
21 > it if you like.
22 >
23 > 4. Edit the new .ebuild file created in step 2. In the PATCHES=
24 > section, before the closing ")", add a new line following the format of
25 > the previous line. The new line should read
26 > "${FILESDIR}/undef_signals_cpp.patch" (or if you decided to rename the
27 > patch, use your chosen filename). Save and exit.
28 >
29 > 5. Legitimize the ebuild in the eyes of Portage. At the command-line
30 > and still in the gtk-engines-qt dir, run "ebuild
31 > gtk-engines-qt-0.8-r99.ebuild digest" .
32 >
33 > 6. Now when you "emerge gtk-engines-qt", it should pick up your new
34 > local version and proceed successfully through compilation. If not,
35 > perhaps the original ebuild was marked as testing (0.8-r4 is stable as
36 > of this writing, so this was not an issue for me), in which case you can
37 > keyword the package.
38 >
39 > 7. Remember that a sync operation can blow away these files. Back up at
40 > least your .ebuild and patch file. You may want to be more aggressive,
41 > and backup the whole
42 > /var/lib/layman/kde-sunset/x11-themes/gtk-engines-qt directory as well.
43 >
44 > I disclaim copyright on the patch since it's so trivial.
45 >
46 > V. Ram.
49 Maybe one of the kde sunset guys can apply the fix to the overlay too.
50 Then everyone can use it without any hacking.
51
52 I suspect this will be done too. They are good at this sort of thing.
53
54 Dale
55