From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-overlay] kde-4.6 rc2 crashing often
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:03:54
1 Hi,
2
3 i built kde-4.6 rc2 recently using the kde overlay (following the kde guide).
4 However all of the (kde) applications have this one problem, they crash
5 whenever any key is pressed and the mouse cursor is within the application
6 window.
7
8 For example if i start konsole and move the mouse out of the konsole window
9 and type something it works as usual. But if i move the mouse into the konsole
10 window and then type something konsole crashes. I think hiding the mouse
11 cursor when stuff is being typed causes this.
12
13 Also note if i start kde by running the command ksmserver from an xterm
14 session i do not have this problem. Currently im using the Awesome wm with all
15 the of the same kde apps and none of them crash.
16
17 I remember having a similar problem when i updated from kde4.4 to kde4.5, back
18 then i tired rebuilding world etc to no awail. After 2 days or so an update
19 fixed the problem however i dont remember which packages were updated (didnt
20 think it would comeback to haunt me :D).
21
22 heres the konsole trace
23
24 http://pastebin.com/4Pen1290