From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: CD-ROM mounting
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 00:36:33
1 On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 22:26 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > It's the automount stuff that's breaking. If I just tell the hal/kde
3 > popup to ignore the new media, and mount it manually, it works as
4 > expected (mount still uses fstab, thank goodness). If I let hal mount
5 > it, it does so but then I have to figure out where. So just not using
6 > hal works in general; it was just the k3b thing that triggered a problem
7 > here, because in that specific instance, right after a burn when it tries
8 > to verify, apparently hal interferes, and there isn't a lot I can do to
9 > avoid it, except doing the verify manually.
10
11 Well you can supposedly turn the automount stuff off from the System |
12 Preferences | Removable Drives and Media dialog. I've not messed with
13 this, but perhaps it would be a good idea to explore it. If it works
14 and turns off HAL-supported automounting then perhaps udev could be
15 configured to automount a CD on /mnt/cdrom, which would help me, or
16 turned off altogether to allow manual mounting, which would probably
17 benefit your situation.
20 Lindsay Haisley | "We are all broken | PGP public key
21 FMP Computer Services | toasters, but we | available at
22 512-259-1190 | still manage to make |<http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
23 http://www.fmp.com | toast" |
24 | (Cheryl Dehut) |