From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Kernel_2.6/devfsd/SCSI/USB/Digital Camera problem
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:12:17
1 Thus spake Collins Richey on Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 11:04:07PM CDT
2 > On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:51:13 -0500, Lindsay Haisley
3 > <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote:
4 > > Thus spake Collins Richey on Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 10:34:45PM CDT
5 > > > There are a few little wrinkles with nvidia and sound cards, but all in
6 > > > all udev is sweet.
7 > >
8 > > What sort of wrinkles?
11 > Sometimes with nvidia and with some sound cards, you have to preload
12 > the module, or the correct devices will not be generated. On my
13 > laptop, I don't have to do anything extra, but on my desktop system I
14 > have to preload the alsa-oss emulation modules or no /dev/dsp, etc.
15 > Not a big deal.
16
17 Well I looked at the Gentoo udev Guide and it doesn't look all that
18 complicated to get it going, and I can read man pages. I'll take your word
19 for it and give it a shot. Thanks.
22 Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key
23 FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at
24 512-259-1190 | (Travis W. Redfish) | <http://www.fmp.com/pubkeys>
25 http://www.fmp.com | ("The Roadie") |
28 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list