From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Re: smooth scrolling in konqueror (like in firefox)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:55:21
Uwe Thiem posted <200508131710.53388.uwix@××××.na>, excerpted below,  on
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:10:53 +0100:

> On 13 August 2005 14:03, Duncan wrote: >> Christian Parpart posted <200508130559.20321.trapni@g.o>, excerpted >> >> below, on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:59:18 +0200: >> > I just installed a SuSE Linux within VMware and was really surprised >> > about how smoove the pages do scroll up/down (using the mouse wheel) >> > within SuSE's KDE installation; >> > >> > I was wondering wether this is a SuSE patch (where available, if) or >> > whether I am just missing the path to this config entry. > > Actually, it isn't a konqueror feature but a KDE-wide one. Open the Control > Centre, Peripherals -> Mouse -> Advanced -Y Mouse wheel scrolls by. You can > adjust it there.
I don't believe that's what the OP was asking for. You are correct, it's been in KDE for awhile, but it's not what he was looking for. That's normal scrolling, per line, not smooth scrolling, per pixel. The latter doesn't have the jerking associated with the per-line scrolls, doing many smaller scrolls rather than fewer large scrolls, resulting in the characteristic jerky scrolling. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list