From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Xorg Crashes When Running KTorrent
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:16:37
1 "Mat Howard" <0x001a4@×××××.com> posted
2 98023f8d0709121351h299c3602t74758cba84fef698@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:51:55 -0400:
4
5 > I've recently upgraded xorg-x11 and xorg-server without realizing the
6 > binary nvidia drivers do not work. So I downgraded back to 7.2 and 1.3,
7 > respectively. Now whenever I run KTorrent it runs for about a minute and
8 > then xorg crashes and freezes. Any song I was playing starts to skip
9 > like a broken record, the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive, with
10 > the exception of the caps lock LED which flashes. Anyway, I believe the
11 > problem to be within my xorg.conf file. I changed it when upgrading, and
12 > again when downgrading. Here is most of it:
13
14 I'm not going to attempt an analysis of the xorg.conf as I don't and
15 won't use unfree drivers, but something else you didn't mention that you
16 may wish to investigate... Have you run revdep-rebuild recently? It's
17 part of gentoolkit I believe.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list