From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Xorg-Toshiba Laptop
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:29:15
On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 10:45, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> What are the advantages of over XFree?
All the development that's happened since XFree86 4.3.0 was released around February 2003.
> If I have XFree successfully installed and running, are there any advantages > to switching?
See above.
> Do 3rd party vendors, notably VMWare which I think supplies an optimized > XFree driver, support
A VMWare employee has commit rights to X.Org CVS. To my knowledge, this was never the case with XFree86. Also, it's branched off of XFree86 pre-4.4, so it has everything that had and more, minus the license problems and lack of committers. -- Donnie Berkholz Gentoo Linux -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list