From: Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] has the sun set ?
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 10:31:16
1 On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Yesterday, while doing my weekly system update, I encountered a msg :
3 >
4 > !!! The following installed packages are masked:
5 > - media-libs/lcms-1.19-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
6 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
7 > # Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o> (27 May 2015)
8 > # on behalf of Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
9 > # media-libs/lcms:0 has serious security issues and is unmaintained,
10 > # see bug 526642. Please uninstall it and/or upgrade to media-libs/lcms:2
11 >
12 > I looked at the bug, which explains the reason for dropping Lcms:0 .
13 >
14 > Unfortunately, Kde-Sunset appears to require Lcms:0 for Libmng:0 ,
15 > which is required by Qt-Meta:3 & which aren't included in Kde-Sunset itself.
16 > For now, I can simply ignore the warning, but it looks
17 > as if it wb no longer possible to install Kde-Sunset on a new machine.
18 >
19 > I realise Gentoo itself doesn't provide support for Kde-Sunset,
20 > but does anyone know of a way round this obstacle or have other advice ?
21
22 IIRC mng support in Qt3 is optional. And I doubt you need it, so you
23 can easily patch the Qt3 ebuild to pass -no-libmng to configure (or
24 something like that), and you should be able to get rid of the
25 dependency.
26
27 The other (more obvious) alternative is importing lcms:0 in kde-sunset
28 or in a local overlay, but as the announcement says, it "has serious
29 security issues"...
30
31 Cheers,
32 Davide