From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Totem Movie player and Sound...
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:32:44
1 Rick Bragg <lists@×××××.net> posted
2 1189457333.7150.16.camel@××××××××××××××.net, excerpted below, on Mon, 10
3 Sep 2007 20:48:52 +0000:
4
5 > I played some DVD discs that I got from a friend mine. For over a week,
6 > they played perfectly. Now When I play the same movies, only part of
7 > the audio mix plays. I can only here the music and sound designer
8 > tracks. All the dialog tracks are silent!
9
10 > What did I do? I may have hit a keyboard key at some point that killed
11 > it, but I have no idea why the dialog traks are gone.
12
13 I'm no expert on DVDs, but here's the first two things I thought of...
14
15 Check the language settings. Maybe you hit some sort of exotic language
16 that the DVD doesn't have, but is letting you set as if it did, for some
17 reason.
18
19 It could also be audio channel tracking. Dialog normally comes out of
20 the center channel if you have it on multi-channel instead of stereo. If
21 you don't have a center channel but have it set as if you do, you may
22 miss most of the dialog, while you'd still here at least some of the
23 effects and mix.
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
31 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list