From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] X freezing?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:42:26
1 On Friday 29 October 2004 7:57 pm, Robert Zwerus wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > My crashes are not complete. I am ssh'ed into the machine and can
4 > > actually reboot it cleanly. The crash is apparently only X for me.
5 >
6 > Try entering these commands in the SSH session:
7 > export DISPLAY=:0
8 > startx
9 >
10 > Maybe your graphics chip just needs to be reset, startx will take care
11 > of that.
12
13 startx will take care of the DISPLAY variable also. In normal situations, it's
14 fairly rare that you ever need to set it manually.
15 Anyway, if it's the same issue I've encountered (which it seems to be), and
16 IIRC, this won't help anything.
17 --
18 Luke-Jr
19 Developer, Utopios