From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE4.5.4 kate terminus
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:02:52
1 Am 20.02.2011 16:37, schrieb kallipygos@×××××.lv:
2 > Citējot *Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net
3 > <mailto:lists@×××××××××××.net>>*:
4 >
5 > Am 20.02.2011 12:17, schrieb Alfs Kurmis:
6 > > Hi gentoo experts !
7 > >
8 > > 3-4 weeks ago i have installed gentoo -- KDE4.5.4 -- kate --
9 > terminus font.
10 > >
11 > > In KATE i have choosed terminus font.
12 > > At first sight everything looks normal.
13 > > Chars à ä also looks normal.
14 > > I mean that à and ä looks exact as normal a , but just with .. and \
15 > > above.
16 > >
17 > > But chars ā ī ū ē ō looks completly different as normal chars a i
18 > u e o ,
19 > > are bigger , wider , and are not "sharp" .
20 > > They are ~1.5 times wider , so that after any of em , rest of line
21 > > shift right for 1/2 position .
22 > >
23 > > Can somebody in KATE choose terminus, and copy-paste ā ī ū ē ō chars ?
24 > > How it looks out ?
27 > I can verify this behavior here. I guess the terminus font package does
28 > not contain the necessary glyphs and therefore another font is used as a
29 > substitute (looks like monospace).
30 >
31 > Interestingly, when I download the TrueType version from this site [1]
32 > and test it in KDE's font viewer, the letters look correct. I guess you
33 > could install that version manually. In this case, please file a bug on
34 > http://bugs.gentoo.org. Maybe that version can be merged into the
35 > terminus ebuild.
36 >
37 > [1] http://fractal.csie.org/~eric/wiki/Terminus_font
38 >
39 > Hope this helps,
40 > Florian Philipp
41 >
42 > I forgot to mention something
43 >
44 > I have another computer with ubuntu 10.04 where in GEDIT
45 > ā ī ū ē ō looks EXACT as normal chars a i u e o ,
46 > so maybe it is inaccuracy with KDE - QT and not by Terminus self ?
47 >
48 > Or maybe usage of some USE Flags can fix it ?
49 > Yet i can not test it because i have this HDD new formatted.
50
51 Hmm, yes, in gedit the font looks okay. I guess this really is a KDE, Qt
52 or terminus bug. Please report it.
53
54 By the way: Please don't top-post. Put your responses below the message
55 you quote. It makes reading long threads easier.
56
57 Regards,
58 Florian Philipp