From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Akode from kde-sunset overlay
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 00:05:38
1 Recently, I've followed the howtos prevalent on the Internet for using
2 the kde-sunset overlay to get continued ebuild repositories for KDE 3.
3 (Please...no one tell me KDE 4 is better. I have a test machine here
4 with the latest, just so I can see new developments. Ugh...)
5
6 Anyway, when I try to emerge the slotted kde-meta:3.5, it tells me there
7 is no ebuild to satisfy media-libs/akode, and this seems to be true even
8 in the overlay (the overlay doesn't provide it either). It also happens
9 whether or not the now-defunct 'akode' USE flag is enabled. Oddly,
10 there *is* an Arts plugins package for Akode in the overlay, but no
11 actual Akode for it to depend on.
12
13 Since the overlay says this list is the place for reporting bugs in
14 kde-sunset, I thought I'd ask here what to do. I have access to a
15 Gentoo machine that's still got 3.5 installed, so if nothing else, I can
16 probably see if I can move the ebuild file and its matching source
17 tarball over to the new system, but I just wanted to see if there was
18 something less lame that's more recommended first.
19
20 Thanks for any help...
23 + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
24 + UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
25 + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
26 + Physical Sciences Div. + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
27 + James Franck Institute + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky