From: Adam Shelley <ashelley@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] weird volume problem
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:21:20
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm not sure what I have done (i don't think anything) but for some
4 reason my volume in kmix always goes down to 0%.
5
6 If i use the mouse button to drag the volume up, it goes down gradually
7 until it gets to 0%.
8
9 Another effect of this problem is that the OSD for kmix volume
10 modification is always on my screen. I can disable kmilo and this OSD
11 goes away but kmix still resets to 0%.
12
13 it takes around 2 seconds for the volume to gradually go down (ie not
14 instant).
15
16 I am looking for ideas on how i could debug this particular problem.
17
18 Thank you for any insight,
19
20 kde 3.4.1
21 gentoo kernel 2.6.12-r9
22 dell d600 laptop
23
24 -Adam
25
26 p.s. i've always tried to get my kmilo to work so that when i used the
27 laptop volume keys that this osd. unfortuntely i've never seen this osd
28 until this problem had occurred. I have since deleted /etc/X11/Xmodmap
29 and /etc/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap but the problem still persists. I have also
30 deleted my .kde directory.
33 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list