From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Audacity run-time error
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:03:49
1 Audacity used to work on my desktop. Now I get the following error:
2
3 Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
4 The library used 2.6 (no debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 102,wx
5 containers,compatible with 2.4), and your program used 2.6 (no
6 debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4).
7 Aborted
8
9 I re-emerged audacity and still get the same error. What does this error mean
10 and what do I need to fix it? What "library build versions" is the error
11 message referring to? The only difference I see here is between the ABI spec
12 (102 vs. 1002). Is this perhaps a bug?
13
14 Running it under strace doesn't seem to help. Audacity checks dozens of
15 libraries and the error message is very non-specific. Do I need to rebuild all
16 the libraries against which audacity is linked?
19 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
20 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
21 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
22 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
23 | (Pamela Jones) |
24 --