From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] totem and cdda
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:03:35
1 I have totem set as the default CD player for my Gentoo desktop system.
2 When I insert an audio CD, it starts up and gives me the error "Totem
3 could not play 'cdda:///dev/hdc'., No URI handler implemented for
4 'cdda'." The default location configured into Gentoo for the startup
5 when a CD is inserted is /dev/cdrom, which is a symlink to /dev/hdc.
6 "hdc" is listed as a location in the "Movie" menu and if I click on this
7 I get similar results.
8
9 On the other hand, if I do "Open Location" from The Movie menu and enter
10 either /dev/cdrom or /dev/hdc, totem plays the CD just fine. Gnome is
11 configured to run the command "totem --play --enqueue /dev/cdrom" when a
12 CD is inserted.
13
14 Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get totem to start playing
15 a CD without throwing this error?
18 Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key
19 FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at
20 512-259-1190 | (The Roadie) | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
21 http://www.fmp.com | |
25 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list