From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE 4.6 still masked?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:12:01
1 On Friday 28 of January 2011 18:42:35 Dale wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 > > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 > >> On 01/28/2011 11:12 AM, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
5 > >>> On Friday 28 January 2011 10:53:37 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
6 > >>>> Why is KDE 4.6 still masked in portage? Unfortunately, the comment in
7 > >>>> profiles/package.mask doesn't say anything other than the obvious:
8 > >>>>
9 > >>>> "Mask KDE SC 4.6.0 and deps"
10 > >>>
11 > >>> Due to masked deps, I don't think it will unmasked soon
12 > >>
13 > >> Btw, the "package.unmask/kde-4.6" file from the kde overlay is
14 > >>
15 > >> missing entries for:
16 > >> sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent
17 > >> kde-misc/polkit-kde-kcmodules
18 > >> sys-auth/polkit-qt
19 > >
20 > > I used autounmask to unmask mine here. I installed it yesterday and
21 > > so far it is running fine. I don't see any problems at the moment.
22 > > I'm running AMD64 here, if that matters.
23 > >
24 > > Dale
25 > >
26 > > :-) :-)
27 >
28 > May want to hold off on the upgrade until I see what caused this. My
29 > Kmenu is about empty. No apps at all. It has the other stuff but no
30 > way to start apps. Example, Seamonkey, gtkam or Kcalc is listed. The
31 > only way I can start a app is to use the run dialog. Luckily I have
32 > some links in the panel.
33 >
34 > Will post if I find a solution. Going to re-emerge some stuff to see if
35 > that fixes it. If not, no idea what to check next.
36
37 Like someone already said, one needs to re-run kbuildsycoca4 (or usually just
38 re-login). In any case relogin is needed in order to get new value for
39 variable XDG_MENU_PREFIX applied before running kbuildsycoca4 (it's set in
40 xinitrc session scripts).
41 It is always needed when upgrading between minor releases (so 4.5->4.6)
42 Good news is that famous 'required to start kmail twice' bug is fixed when
43 using kdepimlibs-4.6. Also some plasma glitches are fixed with this release so
44 it should be generally worth switching to.
47 regards
48 MM