From: "A. Gabriel W. Daleson" <ursa@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] X freezing?
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:03:08
1 I'm not sure if this is something serious or merely me being
2 incompetent at configuring X, but whenever I've run X on this Dell Inspiron
3 XPS with a Radeon 9800 Mobility, the entire system locks up. It doesn't seem
4 to follow any pattern - sometimes it's within the first five minutes, other
5 times nearly an hour.
6
7 The first time this happened, it destroyed the LCD, so I suspected
8 refresh rates were set wrong; changing the HorizSync to 75 and VertRefresh
9 to 60 hasn't helped.
10
11 I've tried this with both the radeon driver included with X and
12 ATI's proprietary driver, as well as both gentoo-sources and
13 development-sources and X.org 6.7.0 and 6.8.0.
14
15 I've had two lockups since then, but the display's still working.
16
17 Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help.
18
19 Gabe.
23 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list