From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0?
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:07:35
On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 11:25 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:15:07 -0800, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote: > > > I am considering buying a Linux host license of VMware Workstation 6.0 > > when it is released. However, VMware explicitly does not support Gentoo > > hosts. I noticed that 5.5 is in Portage: > > Supported in this context mean they will help you if you have problems > related to your host OS. I've run VMware Workstation from 3.0 to 6.0beta > on Gentoo. 6.0 is the first version to provide a 64 bit version and runs > better on my amd64 system than previous versions. > > I've currently switched back to 5.5 because I don't know what the upgrade > price is and I won't want to be forced into it because I have created too > many 6.0 VMs: so I converted them back to V5 format and am awaiting an > announcement of the release and prices.
emerge layman layman -a vmware I don't add beta software for commercial products into the tree unless it's been authorized by the company. If you want the beta, use the overlay. Once 6.0 goes final, I'll add it to the tree. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] VMware Workstation 6.0? Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>