From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Question : How to set per-device mouse sensitivity
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 01:02:28
1 Mickael Chazaux posted on Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:56:23 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > This XML fragment is not valid : there is an extra </match>. That's why
4 > HAL did not use it and drove me nuts for hours. FDI files may be
5 > validated against /usr/share/hal/fdi/fdi.dtd
6
7 Hmm. I didn't spot that. Thanks for reminding me to look for those.
8
9 Looks like between what I spotted, tho, and that, you have it working
10 now. =:^) Thanks for the fix report.
11
12 I had set some special settings for the keyboard on my desktop, but I
13 hadn't tried anything for the mouse, at least not with evdev. On my
14 netbook I have the syntouch driver loaded, and I had done some *.fdi
15 editing for it, but that's not evdev mice. I had thought about trying to
16 create an fdi file to set separate accel for a usb mouse plugged into the
17 netbook, but hadn't actually tried it yet. So now you've confirmed that
18 it should work with separate settings for each mouse device, giving me
19 that info to use if I decide to try it here.
20
21 So the help went both ways, and I can thank you too. =:^)
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman