From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] CD player recommendations ??
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:28:32
On 11 January 2007 10:38, JT Justman wrote:
> b.n. wrote: > > I wasn't aware of this, I must confess. Is there any way to prevent it, > > so that when you close the app, it cleans the libs from memory? On my > > main desktop is not a problem, but it would be nice to know just in case. > > Not sure how the cleanup works, but these things will just get paged off > to swap if you aren't using them. I wouldn't worry about it unless swap > is at a premium.
The original poster must be kidding, and you are guessing, right? As soon as a library isn't used by any application any more, the memory it occupies is freed. Of course, it might still be cached - but that doesn't hurt at all. Uwe -- A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE: Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE: -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] CD player recommendations ?? "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>