From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] CD player recommendations ??
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:28:32
1 On 11 January 2007 10:38, JT Justman wrote:
2 > b.n. wrote:
3 > > I wasn't aware of this, I must confess. Is there any way to prevent it,
4 > > so that when you close the app, it cleans the libs from memory? On my
5 > > main desktop is not a problem, but it would be nice to know just in case.
6 >
7 > Not sure how the cleanup works, but these things will just get paged off
8 > to swap if you aren't using them. I wouldn't worry about it unless swap
9 > is at a premium.
10
11 The original poster must be kidding, and you are guessing, right?
12
13 As soon as a library isn't used by any application any more, the memory it
14 occupies is freed. Of course, it might still be cached - but that doesn't
15 hurt at all.
16
17 Uwe
20 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
21 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
22 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
23 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
24 --
25 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list