From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: ktp-text-ui not starting
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 18:03:35
1 On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 04:43:46PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm a kde guy but don't run telepathy, so this may or may not help, but I
4 > didn't see anything in your post about running revdep-rebuild, or
5 > manually rebuilding packages depending on telepathy (equery depends
6 > telepathy should get you a list).
7 >
8 > I'm guessing the ABI changed enough that at least some packages built
9 > against it need rebuilt, thus the issue.
10
11 Hi Duncan,
12 Thanks for the reply. I tried revdep-rebuild (didn't list anything). So
13 I manually recompiled all telepathy related stuff with no luck.
14
15 Kde telepathy works slightly different from other chat clients.
16 Here the chat-ui, contact list, etc. are all separate applications. They are
17 launched appropriately using dbus. So this looks more like a problem with
18 the dbus related config files or something else rather than ABI change.
19
20 If you use an IM client you should try out the current stable
21 version of kde telepathy its cool albeit not fully cooked.
25 - Yohan Pereira
26
27 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
28 between a mermaid and a seal.
29 -- Mark Twain