From: bmicek@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Grub Halfway Installed
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 19:52:33
1
2 Randy, I'm not a grub kind of guy but there seems to be some confusion about grub.conf versus menu.lst.  Googling it suggests that menu.lst is an outdated name.  Before I sent this email I ran this command on my Fedora Core 8 box:
3 [root@Zeke ~]# strings /boot/grub/stage2 | grep menu.lst
4 [root@Zeke ~]# strings /boot/grub/stage2 | grep grub.conf
5 /grub/grub.conf
6 /grub.conf
7
8 Interestingly, on an older SuSE 9.3 box, I get this:
9 SuSE-2:~ # strings /boot/grub/stage2 | grep menu.lst
10 /boot/grub/menu.lst
11 /menu.lst
12
13 I don't run Gentoo anymore but it seems like there is some confusion about the grub configuration file in Gentoo.
14
15 Brian Micek