From: Ladislav Laska <ladislav.laska@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] kmail-3.5.10 crashes
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 07:51:18
1 Hello,
2
3 with dcop interface, you will probably not be able to integrate kmail
4 fully with other kde apps, since dcops is kinda cross-application
5 communication interface.
8 Regards Ladislav Laska
9 S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
10 ---
11 xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@××××××.cz
15 On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Roman v. Gemmeren <lists@×××××××××.de> wrote:
16 > Hi List,
17 > On Wednesday 28 July 2010 22:05:02 Serghei Amelian wrote:
18 >> On Saturday 26 June 2010 21:52:13 Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
19 >> > hi,
20 >> >
21 >> > anyone else experiencing crashes when hitting 'New Mail' or Send Mail
22 >> > Button?
23 >>
24 >> I fixed this disabling DCOP interface for composer window. Maybe someone
25 >> can dig deeper to figure out what happens actually. I'm not sure if the
26 >> problem is in kmail or in dcop.
27 >
28 > Thank you very much for that fix!
29 > Just to give some feedback:
30 > Now i  can reply, or hit STRG+N for New Mail. But it still crashes every time
31 > i hit the "New Mail"-Button...
32 > Do you know if disabling dcop-interface has any  other disadvantages?
35 > greetings,
36 > Roman
37 >
38 > --
39 > Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy
40 > youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.
41 >                 -- Ezekiel 16:60