From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Drag and drop failure
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:29:11
1 I did (am still in the process of) a substantial upgrade of my desktop
2 and the apps I use, and somewhere along the way I've lost drag-and-drop
3 capability in at least a couple of applications, although it still works
4 on the gnome desktop itself (nautilus, I presume). In particular, in
5 evolution, I can't drag emails to folders, nor can I drag columns to the
6 header bar in the index listings using the "Add a Column" dialog. In
7 firefox (2.0.0.14) I can't drag items to a toolbar from the "Customize
8 Toolbar" dialog. In all cases, I get the movable ul_angle with the "+"
9 or arrow in it, and when I move it to the target area on the app, I get
10 no response from the app. When I release the mouse the cursor/icon
11 moves back to its original location. This is a royal PITA since I need
12 to change column headers on a number of indexes in evolution and there's
13 no way other than dragon drop to do this. Same with setting up toolbars
14 in firefox!
15
16 Any genuine insight or guidance will be appreciated. I'm willing to try
17 just about anything to keep everything working properly.
20 Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
21 FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at
22 512-259-1190 | or Gates" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
23 http://www.fmp.com | |
26 gentoo-desktop@l.g.o mailing list