From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE 4.6 still masked?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 00:03:54
1 Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
2 > On Friday 28 January 2011 22:34:06 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Ian Whyman wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> May have just needed a kbuildsysoca4 run.
7 >>>
8 >>> On Jan 28, 2011 6:08 PM, "Dale"<rdalek1967@×××××.com
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >>> <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
12 >>>
13 >> That's the one I was thinking about. If I could have remembered what
14 >> the command was, I would have tried it first. Thanks for helping a
15 >> forgetful old guy since it may help someone else if they run into the
16 >> same situation. I suspect that would have solved the problem.
17 >>
18 >> Thanks.
19 >>
20 >> Dale
21 >>
22 >> :-) :-)
23 >>
24 > We got many similar reports, I'll add it in the Guide FAQ
28 I was using the -j option when I upgraded KDE. Could that have
29 something to do with it? Maybe the last package that was "officially"
30 emerged didn't run the command. I'm just guessing on this tho.
31
32 Another thing I have noticed, when I log out, apps don't close
33 gracefully. I get the KDE crash handler instead of them just closing
34 like usual. I'm not sure but suspect that is a KDE issue and not a
35 Gentoo issue. Just something I noticed a bit ago.
36
37 Dale
38