From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] disk partitioning
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 16:17:32
1 I made a striping with reiserfs without any problem ;)
2 its always good to get /home and a boot partition.
3
4 holpe it helps, Allan
5
6 On 2/6/07, Mikko Husari <husku@×××××.net> wrote:
7 > hi!
8 >
9 > i was wonderin (also tried my luck on perfomance-gentoo,
10 > but no one home), what kind of partition + fs table would
11 > be optimal on server and/or desktop. afaik, /usr/portage
12 > would be on its own partition, and perhaps reiserfs and raid0.
13 > distfiles should be on a different partition, so it would
14 > not be in the way of portage itself... but, what about other
15 > parts of gentoo/linux. and is journaling filesystem over
16 > striping raid just asking for trouble?
17 >
18 > --
19 > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list
25 An application asked:
26 "Requires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
27 so I´ve installed Linux
28 --
29 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list