From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] IM Software
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 06:37:40
1 Algardas wrote:
2 > On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:56:36 -0700
3 > "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net> wrote:
6 >> sean wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Renat Golubchyk wrote:
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>> Skype has no video functionality under linux. The linux version is
13 >>>> rather old. It looks like it's not being worked on any more.
14 >>>>
15 >>>> Cheers,
16 >>>> Renat
17 >>>>
18 >>>>
19 >>>>
20 >>> Thanks, surprised it is not being worked on though.
21 >>>
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >> That doesn't surprise me. Skype was purchased by eBay, wasn't it? eBay
25 >> is not a Linux shop like Google. ;)
28 > If skype is not being worked on, what is this alpha doing then?
29 > http://packages.gentoo.org/ebuilds/?skype-1.4.0.64_alpha
30 >
31 > Ant it's there since May 7th and I like the new clean interface, but I'm afraid it won't stay this way for the stable release. Not sure about video though - haven't looked.
34 Uh ... 1.4 for Linux, 3. something for Windows? I think I'll pass ;).
35 --
36 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list