From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Xorg-Toshiba Laptop
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:45:15
Thus spake Luke-Jr on Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 12:10:32PM CDT
> On Friday 08 October 2004 4:59 pm, Ettore Salvi wrote: > > Hi everybody: > > I'm installing Gentoo on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A30 ). > > For XFree86Config > > Your first mistake is using XFree. Most of the Linux world (incl Gentoo) are > using now.
This is news to me, although I note, now that you mention it, that there's an xorg-x11 ebuild in Gentoo (blocked by XFree). When I installed Gentoo on my desktop box a year ago or so, I believe that Xfree was recommended. A few questions: What are the advantages of over XFree? If I have XFree successfully installed and running, are there any advantages to switching? Do 3rd party vendors, notably VMWare which I think supplies an optimized XFree driver, support -- Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at 512-259-1190 | (Travis W. Redfish) | <> | ("The Roadie") | -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] Xorg-Toshiba Laptop Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-desktop] Xorg-Toshiba Laptop Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>