From: Ryan <ryan@×××××.net>
To: costin cosoveanu <ccostin@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] pppd problems
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:34:15
1 costin cosoveanu wrote:
2
3 >Hi
4 >
5 >I have some problems with my external modem, conexant (hardware),
6 >connected on serial port 1 /dev/ttyS0. pppd fail to connect.pppd
7 >version is 2.4.2.
8 >How should connections scripts look like to execute pppd from bash ?
9 >
10 >#pppd call name_of_isp
11 >/etc/ppp/chat_name_of_isp
12 >/etc/ppp/peers/name
13 >/etc/ppp/chap-secrets
14 >/etc/ppp/pap-secrets
15 >
16 >The modem work fine from KPPP.
17 >
18 >Thanks.
19 >
20 >--
21 >gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list
26 I've not personally used KPPP so I'm not sure where it puts the files
27 that it generates, but from a command-line, you should be able to type:
28
29 pppd call connection_name
30
31 Where connection_name is the name of a file in the /etc/ppp/peers/
32 directory. If that fails, try adding debug to the end of the
33 command-line entry (although, you may only be able to specify the debug
34 option if you're root) and then check your logs for more information
35 and/or error messages (and post back here).
36
37 Ryan
40 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list