From: Ryan <ryan@×××××.net>
To: costin cosoveanu <ccostin@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] pppd problems
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 01:34:15
costin cosoveanu wrote:

>Hi > >I have some problems with my external modem, conexant (hardware), >connected on serial port 1 /dev/ttyS0. pppd fail to connect.pppd >version is 2.4.2. >How should connections scripts look like to execute pppd from bash ? > >#pppd call name_of_isp >/etc/ppp/chat_name_of_isp >/etc/ppp/peers/name >/etc/ppp/chap-secrets >/etc/ppp/pap-secrets > >The modem work fine from KPPP. > >Thanks. > >-- >gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list > > > >
I've not personally used KPPP so I'm not sure where it puts the files that it generates, but from a command-line, you should be able to type: pppd call connection_name Where connection_name is the name of a file in the /etc/ppp/peers/ directory. If that fails, try adding debug to the end of the command-line entry (although, you may only be able to specify the debug option if you're root) and then check your logs for more information and/or error messages (and post back here). Ryan -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list