From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kdnssd-avahi fails to compile.
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 19:22:04
1 On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I read the other day that qt3 is being put to rest. Well, qt3 is not as
3 > dead as the devs want it to be. They buried it in one of those really old
4 > coffins with the bell and string attached. It sounds like qt3 is ringing
5 > that bell like crazy. Anyway, this is the error I get.
6 >
7 >>>> Emerging (6 of 37) kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi-0.1.2-r1 from kde-sunset
8
9 Of course if you're using deprecated KDE3 stuff it's going to need
10 deprecated Qt3 stuff as well, since KDE3 is built atop Qt3. Rid
11 yourself of KDE3 and Qt3 will almost certainly follow it on the way
12 out. :)