From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:51:09
1 On Thursday 07 October 2004 01:47, Duncan wrote:
2 > Every time I do that, I think there /has/ to be a better way. What's
3 > the most frustrating is that I get bits and pieces of it, but the
4 > overall picture of how all those bits and pieces fit together always
5 > seems /just/ out of my grasp. Thus, the intelligently guessed trial
6 > and error method, aka lather, rinse, repeat.
7
8 Well, there exists a utility called "setxkbmap" which can dynamically set
9 the keyboard. Other utilities that come to mind for X keyboards are
10 xmodmap and xkbprint (but there are more).
11
12 Paul
15 Paul de Vrieze
16 Gentoo Developer