From: Tyrin Price <straylite.public@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Problem Emerging Gnome3 on Fresh Install
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:45:04
1 Greetings,
2
3 I am a newbie to Gentoo but not new to Linux and I am having
4 difficulty setting up Gnome3 on a fresh Gentoo install.
5
6 I've read many wiki entries and tips online. So far the best advice I
7 received was on IRC but I am still stopped.
8
9 Here is what I have done:
10
11 Fresh install (amd64 architecture).
12
13 Added ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" to /etc/portage/make.conf
14
15 Emerged dbus and added it to services started at boot time.
16
17 Changed profile to gnome/systemd
18
19 Now, I cannot figure out how to get around the problems shown when I
20 try to emerge gnome.
21
22 http://pastebin.com/NsbycC27 shows the output of emerge gnome
23
24 I have already corrected some previous circular dependencies with
25 these package.use change:
26 net-fs/cifs-utils upcall
27 =net-fs/samba-3.6.19 winbind
28 =gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-3.8.5 vala
29 =sys-libs/talloc-2.1.0 python
30 =net-fs/samba-3.6.19 -client
31
32 How to make progress from here?