From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] udev, fstab, and fsck at boot.
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:03:51
On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 12:46 +0100, Tim Weber wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 November 2004 18:21, Chris Barker wrote: > > By the way, it might be a good idea to put a comment in the standard > > fstab to indicate that those need to be replaced with the appropriate > > entries. > > Please file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org/.
A better solution is (as always, in my opinion with system-affecting files such as this) to instead provide a fstab.example, or not to provide an fstab via portage, at all. After all, one has to create the fstab during install anyway, so why provide a "template" that can easily break a person's system if they aren't careful? -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager Games - Developer Gentoo Linux