From: Jason Wong <gentoo@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] What "just works" and what doesn't?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:30:44
1 On Thursday 07 October 2004 06:17, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2
3 > When I do a batch-emerge, such as 'emerge uU world', a lot of important
4 > informaton on various packages scrolls up the screen. Some of this stuff
5 > is must-read info, or stuff that would save a lot of time and research if I
6 > could read it. In Debian, with the ncurses debconf UI, I can swipe the
7 > important info screens and paste them into a file for review later. They
8 > all have <OK> buttons so they stay until you dismiss them. In Gentoo
9
10 Having dabbled with Debian briefly recently, I was quite impressed with the
11 fact that an email is sent to the admin/root user which summarises the
12 "important info" that is displayed after a package is installed.
15 Jason Wong
18 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list