From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] A few problems with CDs and sound
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 00:39:42
1 I'm having a bit of a problem getting CDs to play properly after a
2 recent gentoo upgrade. The sound card is an Audigy2 SZ which displays
3 the underlying ALSA mixer indicator
4
5 Here are the symptoms:
6
7 * grip will rip but won't play. No sound at all. I've tried dickering
8 with volume levels in the Alsa mixer window - no luck.
9
10 * totem crashes when I try to open /dev/cdrom with:
11 "totem: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libcdda.so:
12 undefined symbol: gnome_vfs_uri_get_basename"
13
14 * alsaplayer works OK
15
16 * gnome-cd works as expected although it gives me a "Generic IO error"
17 message.
18
19 Both grip and totem used to work properly. Dozens of programs changed
20 in the upgrade. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be the
21 problem here?
24 Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key
25 FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at
26 512-259-1190 | (The Roadie) | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
27 http://www.fmp.com | |
31 gentoo-desktop@l.g.o mailing list