From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Sound freezes
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 17:18:22
1 Alex Efros posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:03:19 +0300 as excerpted:
2
3 > Hi!
4 >
5 > On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 03:38:31PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
6 >> As for pulseaudio, I'd guess a lot of gentooers don't use it at all,
7 >> preferring direct alsa, etc. I know I've never used pulse here.
8 >
9 > Sure, but skype-4.2 not supported anymore while 4.3 doesn't work without
10 > pulseaudio - so this shit infiltrate into our systems anyway. :(
11
12 Not a problem here.
13
14 In keeping with my sig I simply don't do servantware, and that's exactly
15 what skype is or someone could and likely would revert those commits, in
16 the form of distributed patches if upstream didn't cooperate. But since
17 skype considers itself master over users and refuses to give them the
18 right to see and modify the code running on their own systems, there's
19 little that can be done, except to choose not to run code from people who
20 refuse to recognize my rights as a user, which is exactly what I do.
21
22 Of course you're free to do otherwise, to trade freedom for convenience
23 if you like, and it seems most people prefer short term convenience to
24 long term freedom, so what can I say or do? What I CAN do as it's within
25 my power, and HAVE done, is draw a line concerning what runs on my own
26 system. =:^)
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman