From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE4.5.4 kate terminus
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:02:54
Am 20.02.2011 12:17, schrieb Alfs Kurmis:
> Hi gentoo experts ! > > 3-4 weeks ago i have installed gentoo -- KDE4.5.4 -- kate -- terminus font. > > In KATE i have choosed terminus font. > At first sight everything looks normal. > Chars à ä also looks normal. > I mean that à and ä looks exact as normal a , but just with .. and \ > above. > > But chars ā ī ū ē ō looks completly different as normal chars a i u e o , > are bigger , wider , and are not "sharp" . > They are ~1.5 times wider , so that after any of em , rest of line > shift right for 1/2 position . > > Can somebody in KATE choose terminus, and copy-paste ā ī ū ē ō chars ? > How it looks out ? >
I can verify this behavior here. I guess the terminus font package does not contain the necessary glyphs and therefore another font is used as a substitute (looks like monospace). Interestingly, when I download the TrueType version from this site [1] and test it in KDE's font viewer, the letters look correct. I guess you could install that version manually. In this case, please file a bug on Maybe that version can be merged into the terminus ebuild. [1] Hope this helps, Florian Philipp

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE4.5.4 kate terminus kallipygos@×××××.lv