From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE4.5.4 kate terminus
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:02:54
1 Am 20.02.2011 12:17, schrieb Alfs Kurmis:
2 > Hi gentoo experts !
3 >
4 > 3-4 weeks ago i have installed gentoo -- KDE4.5.4 -- kate -- terminus font.
5 >
6 > In KATE i have choosed terminus font.
7 > At first sight everything looks normal.
8 > Chars à ä also looks normal.
9 > I mean that à and ä looks exact as normal a , but just with .. and \
10 > above.
11 >
12 > But chars ā ī ū ē ō looks completly different as normal chars a i u e o ,
13 > are bigger , wider , and are not "sharp" .
14 > They are ~1.5 times wider , so that after any of em , rest of line
15 > shift right for 1/2 position .
16 >
17 > Can somebody in KATE choose terminus, and copy-paste ā ī ū ē ō chars ?
18 > How it looks out ?
21 I can verify this behavior here. I guess the terminus font package does
22 not contain the necessary glyphs and therefore another font is used as a
23 substitute (looks like monospace).
24
25 Interestingly, when I download the TrueType version from this site [1]
26 and test it in KDE's font viewer, the letters look correct. I guess you
27 could install that version manually. In this case, please file a bug on
28 http://bugs.gentoo.org. Maybe that version can be merged into the
29 terminus ebuild.
30
31 [1] http://fractal.csie.org/~eric/wiki/Terminus_font