From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] PGP signing
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:21:26
1 On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 19:20 -0500, James Dio wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I use evolution (and sign out going emails with PGP) however I notice
5 > every single incoming mail that has been PGP signed says invalid
6 > signature, is this normal? how would I fix such a thing?
7
8 All mine (except my own) says:
9
10 'Valid signature, cannot verify sender'
11
12 I however had the same issue as you, but that was due to gnupg-1.4.2
13 being much stricter than 1.4.1 and earlier, and it did not parse the db
14 due to this. I ended up downgrading to 1.4.1, and deleting all but my
15 own sigs to make sure I do not have any that 1.4.2 will flag invalid.
16 You can check with:
17
18 $ gpg --check-trustdb
19
20 and if it errors, you have the same issue.
23 Regards,
26 Martin Schlemmer