From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Help troubleshooting keyboard shortcut
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 21:04:19
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com> wrote:
> Do you have this problem while starting chrome directly?
I need to be more diligent to test this. When Chromium doesn't start, I just press MOD4+W a few more times and eventually it comes up. I will instead stop trying and open a terminal to see what is going one.
> sometimes chrome does not exist correctly leaving behind some zombile > processes. When this happens I cannot launch chrome again. I need to kill > these processes to be able to start chrome.
I get the same thing. When I want to kill them I kill processed named chrome, chrome_sandbox, and a couple others. As I type this in chrome with one tab, there are 8 "chrome" processes running. Seems a little high. I wonder if it is related to my "hesitant startup" issue. Chris