From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: Adam Petaccia <adam@×××××××××.com>
Cc: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>, gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Nautilus-CD-Burner issue
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 01:46:25
Thus spake Adam Petaccia on Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 06:08:36PM CST
> "emerge --newuse world" is _very_ helpful here ;-)
Hmmm. Very interesting! 'emerge --newuse -p world' gives me a long list of packages, some of which aren't even installed, and which probably aren't depended by anything else. This is odd. This list also includes updates on a number of packages which are apparently slipping through the cracks when I do a daily 'emerge -u world'. I've been noticing this for some time now. Some packages apparently didn't get registered with 'world' when they're built, and I come on them from time to time by chance and notice the version differences between what's installed and what's available. 'emerge --newuse -u -p world' gives me a longer list, which is apparently a superset of the above. I would expect the list to be shorter. -- Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <> | dandelions" | | (Pamela Jones) | -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] Nautilus-CD-Burner issue Adam Petaccia <adam@×××××××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-desktop] Nautilus-CD-Burner issue Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>