From: Algardas <algardas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Current best practices for java and gentoo
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 07:31:08
1 Hi.
2
3 All this was needed for the upgrade to gen-2 and some weeks afterwards. You don't need it anymore and can use java normally, i.e. the way you used it with gen-1. If you remove all the lines from package.keywords, there will be some packages asking to downgrade.
4
5 > Some time ago Gentoo made a fundamental change in the way Java JDKs and
6 > JREs are handled, and as per instructions I read somewhere (I don't
7 > remember where), I put the following in /etc/portage/package.keywords:
8 >
9 > # Core Gentoo/Java Packages
10 > dev-java/ant-core
11 > dev-java/ant-tasks
12 > dev-java/ant
13 > dev-java/java-config
14 > dev-java/java-config-wrapper
15 > dev-java/javatoolkit
16 > # JDKs
17 > =dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4*
18 > =dev-java/sun-jdk-1.5*
19 > =dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6*
20 > =dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4*
21 > =dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.5*
22 > =dev-java/jrockit-jdk-bin-1.4*
23 > =dev-java/jrockit-jdk-bin-1.5*
24 > =dev-java/blackdown-jdk-1.4*
25 > dev-java/kaffe
26 > # JREs
27 > =dev-java/sun-jre-bin-1.4*
28 > =dev-java/sun-jre-bin-1.5*
29 > =dev-java/ibm-jre-bin-1.4*
30 > =dev-java/blackdown-jre-1.4*
31 > # Virtuals
32 > virtual/jdk
33 > virtual/jre
34 > # Compilers
35 > dev-java/eclipse-ecj
36 > dev-java/jikes
37 > # Documentation
38 > dev-java/java-sdk-docs
39 > # Misc packages that have been updated to generation-2,
40 > # where the generation-1 won't build and/or run properly
41 > dev-java/lucene
42 > dev-java/gnu-jaxp
43 > # These have optional Java support, but need ~arch to function properly
44 > # with generation-2
45 > dev-util/subversion
46 > sys-libs/db
47 >
48 > This stuff looks rather out of date at this point. Is it still needed?
49 > Is there a newer version, or more up-to-date instructions posted
50 > somewhere?
51 >
52 > --
53 > Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
54 > FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at
55 > 512-259-1190 | or Gates" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
56 > http://www.fmp.com | |
57 >
58 > --