From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: System problems
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:43:06
On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 07:07 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> Lindsay Haisley posted on Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:44:32 -0500 as excerpted: > > > On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 22:35 +0000, Tiago Marques wrote: > >> Please go troll elsewhere. Please... > > > > Let's just bring this back to technical discussion of the problem, shall > > we? I think that's what's needed here. > > Let me try one more time, then. On my original reply you only responded > to the top half. In the second part I asked a question about whether > you're running an initrd/initramfs, which I repeated again in a second > reply when there was no answer to the first, both times explaining why > it's important and the two different paths one would take from there > depending on the answer.
Duncan, I'm very sorry to have overlooked your question (twice)! Please accept my apology. The answer is no, on the box is question, I'm not running an initrd/initramfs, and unless it's necessary I would rather not do so. If I were, this would be one explanation for the problem.
> I'm still waiting on an answer to that, but as I spent quite some time on > the details the first AND second time, I'll simply refer you back to them > this time.
Thanks for following up. I'll re-read your posts and get back on this. I haven't been able to follow up on the problem. It's planting season here and beyond doing email I've been kinda tired and not up for late night hacking after a day spent building a greenhouse or whatever. At this point, with a cooler head and a verified back out path, I'm 99% sure I can solve the problem myself. I was kind of freaked out when this problem originally happened since I depend so heavily on the desktop system for company billing, website development, customer support, etc. I guess my original post to this list on this problem showed this and got me and everyone else off on the wrong foot. -- Lindsay Haisley |"Windows ..... FMP Computer Services | life's too short!" 512-259-1190 | | - Brad Johnston

Subject Author
[gentoo-desktop] Re: System problems Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>