From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] Website, documentation, bugzilla?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:34:30
1 On Tuesday 21 September 2010 12:19:42 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > On 21-09-2010 09:02, Ladislav Laska wrote:
3 > > Hello again,
4 > >
5 > > as we are discussing trinity in our overlay, it is clear we will need
6 > > some infrastructure. What am I thinking
7 >
8 > If trinity has any chance of becoming an alternative DE with upstream
9 > support, new development and the security holes are fixed, it could
10 > become a new option for Gentoo and thus use our official infrastructure.
11 > Until it reaches a point it can be put back in the tree (we'll have to
12 > find maintainers for it), and given it has become a fork (do they want
13 > to develop in a completely new direction or are they planning to look /
14 > follow / track kde4?), the best hosting solution is probably a new
15 > overlay for it.
16 > You can use Gentoo bugzilla to track issues with the overlay and you can
17 > keep using this ML.
18 > It would probably help quite a bit if you could either find a current
19 > Gentoo developer interested in trinity or if some of you would apply to
20 > become Gentoo developers[1].
21 >
22 > [1] -
23 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/recruiters/default-recruiters-email.tx
24 > t
25
26 +1 to what Jorge said, and moreover:
27 - As a Gentoo Developer, I'd be happy to mentor
28 - As a KDE Team member and responsible for the kde4-guide doc, I can help
29 with docs (put refferences to TDE and help you write a new guide)
30 - As an overlays member, a new trinity/tde overlay is acceptable, send a mail
31 to overlays@g.o to ask for one (name/description/owner/committers)
32 - As a fdo project member, no need to create a new ml or host your own. This
33 is a low activity ml, i don't find any reason to create another low activity
34 one for the same target group. Any KDE4 user may want to have a look to TDE
35 and file bugs / questions about it.
36 --
37 Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
38 Gentoo KDE/Qt, Planet, Overlays