From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.10-r1 and hal USE flag
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 23:06:09
1 On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Yes, there are still people using KDE 3.5, from the kde-sunset overlay.
4 > Auto-mounting of external media like CDs does not work, I assume it's
5 > because I have no HAL support for kioslaves:
6 >
7 > leela ~ # USE=hal emerge -pv kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves:3.5
8 >
9 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
10 >
11 > Calculating dependencies... done!
12 > [ebuild R ] kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.10-r1 USE="ldap samba -
13 > debug (-hal) -kdehiddenvisibility -openexr" 0 kB [1]
14 >
15 > Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
16 > Portage tree and overlays:
17 > [0] /var/portage/tree
18 > [1] /var/portage/layman/kde-sunset
19 >
20 > The (-hal) probably means that this USE flag is disabled by profile. Is
21 > there a way to enable it? Or does one have to mount CDs manually with KDE
22 > 3.5 now?
23 >
24 > I tried to put -hal in package.use.mask, and hal in package.use.force
25 > (whatever thsi is). And in package.use of course, but this does not help.
26 > When I look into the ebuild, it seems that sys-apps/dbus has to be compiled
27 > with qt3, but there is no such USE flag for this package. Maybe that's why
28 > hal is masked in the first place.
29 >
30 > So, is there anything I can do about it?
31
32 Here's what I've had to do...
33
34 In /etc/portage/package.use.mask:
35
36 kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves -hal
37 app-cdr/k3b -hal
38
39 In /etc/portage/package.keywords (because newer masked ebuilds of these
40 two packages solve some build issues):
41
42 kde-base/kdelibs:3.5 ~amd64
43 kde-base/kcontrol:3.5 ~amd64
44
45 In /etc/portage/package.unmask:
46
47 kde-base/kdelibs:3.5
48 kde-base/kcontrol:3.5
49
50 Hope this helps...
53 + Brent A. Busby +
54 + Sr. UNIX Systems Admin + Vote for Cthulhu.
55 + University of Chicago +
56 + James Franck Institute + Why settle for the lesser evil?