From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Amarok slow to startup
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:45:37
1 Paul Stear writes:
2
3 > I am running amarok 2.3.1 on kde 4.4.4 and have been having various
4 > problems over the last 3/4 months.
5
6 Who hasn't?
7
8 > Amarok stopped working after some world updates and the only way I
9 > could get it to run was to delete the amarok folder in .kde4 and then
10 > restart amarok. This works but of course I have lost all of the
11 > history, album covers,scores etc. but at least I can listen to my
12 > music again. However, on startup I get the splash screen immediately
13 > but the main screen takes 1min 14 secs to appear. Any ideas?
14
15 Well, for me it took around 7 minutes. But that has been fixed in 2.3.1,
16 it's about 40 seconds now. I cannot tell exactly, because after my
17 migration from 32 to 64 bit I have to import the MySQL database first, so
18 maybe it would take longer here, too.
19
20 Try runing it as 'amaork -d' on the command line and check the debug
21 output. In my case, Amarok was accessing all sound files being referenced
22 in playlists, and I had lots of them.
23
24 Wonko