From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] CD player recommendations ??
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 02:02:53
1 Thus spake Canek Peláez on Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 02:57:32PM CST
2 > On 1/9/07, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote:
3 > >I'm looking for a decent Gnome-compatible GUI CD player to replace xmcd, of
4 > >which I was quite fond, but the code is apparently no longer maintained and
5 > >it's no longer in Gentoo. Fixing the code and compiling it manually is a
6 > >real
7 > >bear! I'm looking for something fairly flexible and which will access the
8 > >CDDB
9 > >databases of my choice.
10 > >
11 > >kscd isn't compatbile with Gnome
12 > >
13 > >gnome-cd sux!
14 >
15 > Yeah, it does. I believe Sound Juicer reproduces CDs, and I'm sure
16 > Rhythmbox does it too. The later has a small display mode. For MP3 is
17 > great; but I don't listen CDs anymore, so I don't know.
18
19 Well I use k3b for reproducing CDs and it works about as well as just about any
20 CD burning software I've ever used on _any_ platform, even on Gnome, though
21 it's primarily a KDE utililty. I'm just looking for a simple, solid CD player
22 UI that understands CDDB lookups, local and remote.
25 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
26 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
27 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
28 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
29 | (Pamela Jones) |
30 --