From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Getting Minefield to play nice with Java
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 04:52:38
1 It seems that getting any of the Mozilla family of browsers to play nice
2 with Java is always a hassle, but Minefield 3.0.5 gave me more fits than
3 usual. I tried symlinking each of the 11 different copies of
4 libjavaplugin_oji.so into /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins and all I got was
5 either crashes or NullPointerException errors in the Java console.
6
7 I finally found the following URL:
8
9 <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6746973#post6746973>
10
11 This solution worked perfectly for me, first time!
12
13 I set 'java.default_java_location_others' to /usr/lib/jvm/sun-jdk-1.6
14 and I was off an running.
15
16 Just had to share ..... :D
19 Lindsay Haisley | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
20 FMP Computer Services | to solve it." (Albert Einstein)
21 512-259-1190 |
22 http://www.fmp.com |