From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Cc: lists <lists@×××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] 8 days now!!
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 01:11:28
Hey, be patient with this fellow! Been there.  Know how he feels.  Bought the
T-shirt.  Been flamed on this list for doing exactly what he's done!

To the original poster ....

First, it's hard to figure out what might be wrong when you're beating your
head against a wall feeling frustrated.  Step back and chill!

Second, post to this list a summary of what happened to cause the crash, what
you've done to try to recover, and what the compile errors are that you're
getting.  It's not posting about your frustration that's going to get you the
help you need to get back on track, it's posting solid reports about what
you're doing and the errors you're getting.

You might want to use a Gentoo live-CD to copy your important data to another
box, and then give us as much useful information as you can about the problem.
I've found that the solution to must such situations is simpler than ones
frustration makes it appear.

Thus spake ????baran Akçay??r on Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 03:36:28PM CST