From: Corey Richardson <kb1pkl@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: OpenGL Issue -- "failed to create drawable" (pyglet, python) [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 20:05:08
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On 04/25/2011 08:18 AM, Duncan wrote:
5 > Duncan posted on Mon, 25 Apr 2011 03:34:38 +0000 as excerpted:
6 >
7 >> I'll do a followup with the netbook's glxinfo if I remember, but the
8 >> above should give you some pointers to investigate, meanwhile.
9 >
10 > OK, on the netbook...
11 >
12 > lspc reports Intel 945GME
13 >
14 > The xorg log (Xorg.0.log) first reports "Driver for Intel Integrated
15 > Graphics Chipsets: i810", THEN reports the Intel driver detecting chipset
16 > 945GME (as lspci listed), BUT THEN the Intel driver DRI2 driver is
17 > reported as the i915.
18
19 Interesting, the DRI2 driver is reported as an i965 for me. I'll need to
20 investigate that further.
23 > Talking about the xorg log... check it too. If you're running hardware
24 > OpenGL, it'll report something like this (FWIW, xorg-server 1.10.1):
25 > [ snip ]
26 > intel(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
27 > intel(0): [DRI2] DRI driver: i915
28 >
29 > later...
30 >
31 > intel(0): direct rendering: DRI2 Enabled
32 >
33 > later...
34 >
35 > GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
38 > If instead it's saying DRI disabled, or doesn't mention it, you're
39 > software-fallback rendered, for sure, as it's straight from the log.
42 Yep, I have all the lines you do (with slightly different version
43 numbers), except the i965 as I reported earlier. I suspect that is the
44 cause of many of these problems, but I can't think why it'd be doing that.
45
46 > FWIW, here's those lines as mentioned up-thread from the netbooks glxinfo:
47 >
48 > OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
49 > OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GME x86/MMX/SSE2
50 >
51 > Kernel config:
52 >
53 > [ snip]
54
55 All of the kernel options check out, so it's not the kernel (although I
56 did need to go through and clean up a few things, thanks for giving me
57 an excuse ;-)
58
59 As for Gallium saying it's a i965 card, I think it was reading the last
60 option in eselect with it set. Not positive, but that's the only thing I
61 could come up with (I had both i915 and i965 set to gallium in eselect.
62 After changing that to classic, here's the new glxinfo I get:
63
64 OpenGL vendor string: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
65 OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
66 OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.10.1
67 OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
68
69 Looks better, AND it solves the pyglet problem! Thank you Duncan.
70
71 Now that I think about gallium using i965, it doesn't seem as odd when
72 you consider that the DRI2 driver is i965. I find that very strange, any
73 ideas what that could be? Didn't really find anything online, perhaps my
74 google-foo is lacking.
75
76 - --
77 Corey Richardson