From: Corey Richardson <kb1pkl@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: OpenGL Issue -- "failed to create drawable" (pyglet, python) [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 20:05:08

On 04/25/2011 08:18 AM, Duncan wrote:
> Duncan posted on Mon, 25 Apr 2011 03:34:38 +0000 as excerpted: > >> I'll do a followup with the netbook's glxinfo if I remember, but the >> above should give you some pointers to investigate, meanwhile. > > OK, on the netbook... > > lspc reports Intel 945GME > > The xorg log (Xorg.0.log) first reports "Driver for Intel Integrated > Graphics Chipsets: i810", THEN reports the Intel driver detecting chipset > 945GME (as lspci listed), BUT THEN the Intel driver DRI2 driver is > reported as the i915.
Interesting, the DRI2 driver is reported as an i965 for me. I'll need to investigate that further.
> > Talking about the xorg log... check it too. If you're running hardware > OpenGL, it'll report something like this (FWIW, xorg-server 1.10.1): > [ snip ] > intel(0): [DRI2] Setup complete > intel(0): [DRI2] DRI driver: i915 > > later... > > intel(0): direct rendering: DRI2 Enabled > > later... > > GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0 > > > If instead it's saying DRI disabled, or doesn't mention it, you're > software-fallback rendered, for sure, as it's straight from the log. >
Yep, I have all the lines you do (with slightly different version numbers), except the i965 as I reported earlier. I suspect that is the cause of many of these problems, but I can't think why it'd be doing that.